Annual Benefit Report
Mindful Proteins is a registered Benefit Corporation with the State of Oregon, certified with Benefit Corporations for Good. We became a Benefit Corporation because it aligns with our core philosophies as a business. Based out of the Pacific Northwest, Mindful proteins is a start-up beverage company working to create natural, high-protein functional foods and beverages that have very minimal impact on the environment.
Our mission is to create a family of high-protein, functional foods and beverages made from healthy and simple ingredients.
Our vision is to build Mindful Proteins on solid principles of sustainability and product stewardship to align with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, becoming the #1 source for functional protein. We will begin first with the yoga community and then expand into other high intensity sports where the benefits of hydration and muscle recovery are recognized. Once we have established our brand, we will finally address the pediatric, gravida, and geriatric segments where protein is vital.
Our reason stems from working at the crosshairs of climate change and how alarmed we are at how modern agricultural is depleting soil health. Increasing levels of carbon emissions being absorbed by the planet’s plants and crops are causing a drop off in natural protein production. Farmers are encouraged to grow crops regardless of current supply, demand, environmental consequences, or ability to actually nourish Americans. While American diets should consist of a variety of fruits, vegetables, grains, meats, and dairy products, the heavily subsidized commodities have assumed an outsized role in most Americans’ diets, contributing to obesity levels and high blood sugar levels.
Our line of products will deliver high quality and honest nourishment with an emotive brand that encourages our tribe to pursue a more mindful life that is centered on wellness and balance.
Summary Review of Year
- Became a member of the Good Food Guild
- Grew our customer base through local events all across the Pacific Northwest
- Continued to rely on advisory board of experts for advice and accountability
- Found a can supplier that prints directly on cans, saving the plastic can wrap from our landfills
- Found recyclable shipping options for TATU
- Found local storage facility to cut down on our carbon footprint
- Completed our second production run for TATU
- Continued developing a website that include e-commerce options
- Made our donation to 1% for the Planet to make an environmental impact
- Hire locally for individuals who aim to help grow our company and align with our values
- Provide our customers with high quality, better-for-you, nutritional options
- Give back to the community by volunteering
- Continue searching for innovative, environmentally friendly packaging options
- Grow revenue for 1% for the Planet donation to make an impact
- One new flavor of TATU Protein Water
- Grow the brand with like-minded retail outlets and stores
- Switch our e-commerce website to a more shopper-friendly experience
2022 was a great year for Mindful Proteins. We made great strides and figured out how to fix quite a few issues we were experiencing. We are proud of the progress we made this year, and feel that we made each decision mindfully, as our company name implies. 2023 will be a big year for Mindful Proteins, as far as expanding our sales and customer base. We plan to make TATU the premier protein source of the Pacific Northwest.